Problem Wildlife Control & Trapping in Detroit, MI
For the many that live in Detroit, dependable wildlife control services are hard to come by. Bats in the attic, birds nesting in obscure places, raccoons tearing holes into roofs. squirrels running overhead, skunks under decks and stoops causing a big stink. Nuisance wildlife removal in Detroit must be handled by a professional trapper followed up by proactive animal proofing and wildlife exclusion work. When you have had bat, birds, squirrels or raccoons in your attic, you will need attic restoration to some degree to get rid of nesting, feces, soiled and crushed insulation.
Most Common Nuisance Wildlife Issues in Detroit
- Bats– When bats have been found, it’s definitely something to take notice of and even slightly worry about. Bats in a home present numerous problems from home damage to health hazards. Bats carry mites that can quickly can infest a home. Also bat guano carries a spore that can cause lung disease, called histoplasmosis. The spores from this can be kicked up into dust and inhaled causing respiratory issues. Bat guano removal is necessary also to prevent the droppings from weakening the drywall, which has been known to cave in. An indication that bats have or are living in your attic, is the strong smell of ammonia in the area that they are roosting.
- Birds– Birds in an attic can really make astounding nests that span the entire length of the attic. Birds will clog up attic fans, exhaust vents and fill soffits full of nesting material. This nesting accumulation can cause numerous issues and should be removed if possible before the amounts reach levels of becoming a major issue. We provide bird removal and well as bird control for Detroit homes that are in need or skilled bird removal services.
- Squirrels– Squirrels are one of the worst animals to have in your home. Not only do squirrels tear a big hole to get inside the attic, they also gnaw wires that cause over 30k home and business fires annually across the country and also crush and destroy attic insulation. Squirrel damages are typically NOT covered by home owners insurance companies which makes nuisance squirrels one of the worst wildlife problems you can have.
- Raccoons– In terms of the scale of damages raccoons cause, they create the worst damages out of all nuisance wildlife. They have feces that carries parasitic roundworm eggs that can cause fatal effects to humans and pets, they tear open homes to enter and also completely destroy the attic insulation. Fortunately for Detroit homeowners we provide full damage repairs and clean up services for raccoons and process your claim to make sure your damage repairs are covered. Raccoon trapping must be done by an experienced trapper before the damages and cleanup is performed.
Professional Humane Detroit Michigan Wildlife Control Servicing
Call us today if you are in need of professional help. We provide services to Detroit, MI as well as the surrounding areas. We are a full service wildlife management company. meaning we handle everything from animal trapping, to clean up, damage repairs, animal proofing and odor control. Our Detroit wildlife control services are the highest rated by Michigan wildlife removal clients.
Detroit Michigan – The Motor City
Detroit Michigan is a fascinating city with a rich history located in Wayne County. Founded in 1701 by French colonists and named after the Detroit River, Detroit Michigan certainly did not lack in excitement during the early colonial days of the United States. A little known fact about Detroit Michigan is that while the first capital of Michigan (from 1805 to 1847), it served as a battleground between United States and British troops during the War of 1812 – granted the forces defending Detroit surrendered without a fight to the British.
The city itself was not officially incorporated as a city until 1815, at which point city planners designed the street and building layouts after the geometrically appealing city of Paris, France. Soon after, Detroit Michigan began to earn its reputation as the Motor City when Henry Ford founded the Ford Motor Company in the city in 1905. During this time the population of Detroit surged, almost doubling in size from roughly 205,000 inhabitants in 1890 to 465,000 inhabitants in 1910. Today the population of Detroit Michigan (the Detroit-Warren-Ann Arbor combined area) has continued to expand with a population of nearly 5.3 million total inhabitants – making the Detroit area the 12th populous region in the United States.
Modern day Detroit Michigan has a reputation for starting new musical trends, such as the electronic music genre in the 1980’s and is largely considered to be the place where hip-hop music was born in the 1990’s. More recently, the Michigan Motion Picture Studios, a 535,000 sq. ft. production studio open to the general public, was constructed in 2010 – a symbol of Detroit’s continued contribution to the arts and media in American culture. If you are visiting Detroit Michigan, and are a fan of the arts and music, be sure to check out the International Jazz Festival, Electronic Music Festival, the African World Festival, and the many other rich cultural festivities that make their home in this quintessentially American city.
Dead Animal Removal Company
Diet: What Do Skunks Eat?
How to Clean Your Attic After You've Had Bats?
Raccoons are one of the most common animals to live inside attics. They can climb anything, and tear their way into almost anything. When they live inside your attic, it's their home - and their personal toilet as well. Raccoons can cause severe sanitation problems inside an attic - they poop and pee everywhere, and bring food and parasites inside as well. In some cases, the contamination can be severe. We highly recommend attic cleaning and restoration if you've had raccoons above your ceiling.
Attic Restoration: If wildlife has inhabited the attic of your home or building, attic restoration is an important part of a complete wildlife control solution. Attic restoration basically means restoring your attic to the good, clean condition it was in before wildlife decided to move in and make a mess of things. Animals in attics can cause the following problems: Lots of poop and urine in the insulation, Nesting material and food debris through the attic, Odor problems inside the home, Growth of mold on contaminated attic areas, Parasites, roundworm, and other pathogens, Pheromone scent that can attract new wildlife. So it's important to address these problems by cleaning, decontaminating, and restoring the attic to its original state. This is done through several steps. The proper training and equipment is required, such as a HEPA filter mask and biohazard suit, as seen to the right. Attic restoration can be quick and cheap, or intensive and expensive, depending on the amount that needs to be cleaned. Homeowner's insurance may cover the cost.
What Are Raccoon Reproduction Months?
Raccoon in Chimney - if You've Got One in Your Chimney or Fireplace
Removal Of Squirrels on the Roof
How Do I Get Rid of Skunks?
Choosing Bat Control Services
Bat invasion into homes has been a common problem throughout many parts of the world. Bats such as the Pallid Bat have been known to occupy structures such as barns, bridges and even buildings that are both occupied by people as well as vacant buildings. That is just an example of the many species of bats that can invade human occupied buildings and cause discomfort
Bat Prevention Services
In case bats invade your home and you want to get rid of them, it is always advisable to choose bat control services that are humane and not harmful to the animals. So you should avoid services that involve trapping, use of poison or the use of bat repellents.
Where Bats Tend To Roost
There are common places that bats tend to roost. These places are Eave troughs, under shingles, gable vents and the most notable, hanging above door. Bats in these different places require different treatment and different methods of removal.
Removing bats roosting on eaves
Removing bats from eaves is quite simple since it only requires a net or an exclusion tube. This helps as the bat will be able to fly out but won't be able to fly back in.
Removing bats from gable vents
There are a number of ways to get rid of bats roosting in gable vents.
One of these ways is hand removal, you have to take safety precautions such as wearing gloves and using a stable ladder, but this method is not recommended.
Another way of removing bats from gable vents is by spraying the bats with water from the inside of the house until they fly out, once they are out sealing of the gable vents is necessary to prevent the bat from coming back in. also, other openings in the house should be sealed.
Removing bats from ridge vents
There are different types of ridge vents. Some ridges have plastic caps, some have metal caps and some have interwoven ridge caps, bats roosting in the above mentioned ridge vents have different ways of removal.
- Metal ridge caps – one should remove the rubber end pieces which will let the bats in through the end caps.
- Plastic ridge caps – These are good for air flow but are not effective when it comes to preventing bats from getting into the attic. Plastic ridge caps like cobra style can be used to prevent bats from entering your house.
- Interwoven ridge caps – this is the most recommended for bat control. It is not as effective in ventilation but it won't let bats in unless cap is broken.
It is advisable to call and expert who will remove it by hand. But if that isn't possible, you can try a couple of techniques to get rid of the bats. Some of them are.
- Covering the area where the bat grips onto with aluminum foil. This will prevent the bat from gripping onto the surface
- You may try cleaning the place where the bat hangs onto with ammonia, this will clean the bat urine from the wall and will also get rid of the odor the bat leaves behind, bats are attracted by the smell they leave behind
Attic remediation is a common service offered by wildlife removal businesses. Attic remediation sometimes becomes necessary when there has been an animal infestation in the attic area. Prolonged infestations often leave large amounts of waste and urine in the attic and the only way to rid the fierce odor is to remediate all the damaged insulation, sanitize the attic, and place new insulation down. Call the animal removal company listed in your area for attic restoration. If your area is not listed in my directory, email me and I will recommend a company. Attic remediation sometimes goes hand-in-hand with wildlife problems because of the damage they can cause to your attic. It is nice to have a company that can deal with all problems associated with nuisance wildlife instead of having to hire separate companies for different services.