Problem Wildlife Control & Trapping in Detroit, MI
For the many that live in Detroit, dependable wildlife control services are hard to come by. Bats in the attic, birds nesting in obscure places, raccoons tearing holes into roofs. squirrels running overhead, skunks under decks and stoops causing a big stink. Nuisance wildlife removal in Detroit must be handled by a professional trapper followed up by proactive animal proofing and wildlife exclusion work. When you have had bat, birds, squirrels or raccoons in your attic, you will need attic restoration to some degree to get rid of nesting, feces, soiled and crushed insulation.
Most Common Nuisance Wildlife Issues in Detroit
- Bats– When bats have been found, it’s definitely something to take notice of and even slightly worry about. Bats in a home present numerous problems from home damage to health hazards. Bats carry mites that can quickly can infest a home. Also bat guano carries a spore that can cause lung disease, called histoplasmosis. The spores from this can be kicked up into dust and inhaled causing respiratory issues. Bat guano removal is necessary also to prevent the droppings from weakening the drywall, which has been known to cave in. An indication that bats have or are living in your attic, is the strong smell of ammonia in the area that they are roosting.
- Birds– Birds in an attic can really make astounding nests that span the entire length of the attic. Birds will clog up attic fans, exhaust vents and fill soffits full of nesting material. This nesting accumulation can cause numerous issues and should be removed if possible before the amounts reach levels of becoming a major issue. We provide bird removal and well as bird control for Detroit homes that are in need or skilled bird removal services.
- Squirrels– Squirrels are one of the worst animals to have in your home. Not only do squirrels tear a big hole to get inside the attic, they also gnaw wires that cause over 30k home and business fires annually across the country and also crush and destroy attic insulation. Squirrel damages are typically NOT covered by home owners insurance companies which makes nuisance squirrels one of the worst wildlife problems you can have.
- Raccoons– In terms of the scale of damages raccoons cause, they create the worst damages out of all nuisance wildlife. They have feces that carries parasitic roundworm eggs that can cause fatal effects to humans and pets, they tear open homes to enter and also completely destroy the attic insulation. Fortunately for Detroit homeowners we provide full damage repairs and clean up services for raccoons and process your claim to make sure your damage repairs are covered. Raccoon trapping must be done by an experienced trapper before the damages and cleanup is performed.
Professional Humane Detroit Michigan Wildlife Control Servicing
Call us today if you are in need of professional help. We provide services to Detroit, MI as well as the surrounding areas. We are a full service wildlife management company. meaning we handle everything from animal trapping, to clean up, damage repairs, animal proofing and odor control. Our Detroit wildlife control services are the highest rated by Michigan wildlife removal clients.
Detroit Michigan – The Motor City
Detroit Michigan is a fascinating city with a rich history located in Wayne County. Founded in 1701 by French colonists and named after the Detroit River, Detroit Michigan certainly did not lack in excitement during the early colonial days of the United States. A little known fact about Detroit Michigan is that while the first capital of Michigan (from 1805 to 1847), it served as a battleground between United States and British troops during the War of 1812 – granted the forces defending Detroit surrendered without a fight to the British.
The city itself was not officially incorporated as a city until 1815, at which point city planners designed the street and building layouts after the geometrically appealing city of Paris, France. Soon after, Detroit Michigan began to earn its reputation as the Motor City when Henry Ford founded the Ford Motor Company in the city in 1905. During this time the population of Detroit surged, almost doubling in size from roughly 205,000 inhabitants in 1890 to 465,000 inhabitants in 1910. Today the population of Detroit Michigan (the Detroit-Warren-Ann Arbor combined area) has continued to expand with a population of nearly 5.3 million total inhabitants – making the Detroit area the 12th populous region in the United States.
Modern day Detroit Michigan has a reputation for starting new musical trends, such as the electronic music genre in the 1980’s and is largely considered to be the place where hip-hop music was born in the 1990’s. More recently, the Michigan Motion Picture Studios, a 535,000 sq. ft. production studio open to the general public, was constructed in 2010 – a symbol of Detroit’s continued contribution to the arts and media in American culture. If you are visiting Detroit Michigan, and are a fan of the arts and music, be sure to check out the International Jazz Festival, Electronic Music Festival, the African World Festival, and the many other rich cultural festivities that make their home in this quintessentially American city.
Squirrels Chewing on Woodwork
Squirrels in Attics - How To Get Rid Of Squirrels
How to Trap a Squirrel In An Attic
Remove Bats That Are Living in Your Home
Once our wildlife control services have been completed, we assess your property to determine the nature of the damage the animal has caused and what needs to be done to remediate your home and protect it from similar problems in the future. We’re able to offer an extensive number of animal proofing and remediation services from insulation replacement to gap seals. Closing up cracks and holes in your home can help prevent insects, mice, and even bats from entering your house. Our vent caps are designed specifically to stop raccoons and squirrels from making your attic their den.
Why Raccoons can be a nuisance at home?
Raccoons are clever and mischievous. They are always on a look out for a cozy and comfortable living space with ample food supply. Raccoons can occupy your attic or chimneys or even your crawlspace.
Raccoons are dangerous invaders as
- They can knock over trash cans and spill over the waste, creating a big messy area.
- Raccoons can be noisy at night in the attic and are capable of damaging the attic walls and ducts.
- They are carriers of diseases like rabies and raccoon roundworms.
Raccoon Damage Repair and Clean Up
Our specialized team of technicians execute the following steps to combat the raccoons at your home
Step 1: Identify entry points and close them.
Step 2: Trap the Raccoon(s) and remove them from your home or yard. We relocate these as per the local laws.
Step 3: Clean up the mess caused by the raccoon(s) and make any necessary repairs.
Step 4: Raccoon-proof your home by providing vent cover installation, chimney cap installation or tight-lid trash containers
What if a Skunk Got Inside My House?
Loose Squirrels Stuck Inside Homes
Tactics to Keep Skunks Away
Sometimes a homeowners insurance policy can cover the remediation of insulation when you have had a nuisance wildlife infestation. This depends on the insurance company and the type of policy you have purchased through them. Some insurance companies will say no coverage for urine / feces related damage. Nuisance animals will also burrow through insulation and make tunnels throughout the attic space. This can commonly mat down the insulation and cause damage to the insulation itself by changing R-Value in the contaminated insulation. This is something that can be mentioned when the insurance company says they do not cover urine or droppings from nuisance wildlife animals. Contact me to have a wildlife professional provide attic restoration services. Decontamination of the attic using bacteria killing remedies is key to eliminate wildlife scent from your attic.
Wildlife Under Stoop and Decks: Animals under decks and stoops in Michigan can create numerous incidents that can really be a problem. The worst problems that nuisance wildlife create under a deck or a stoop is skunks spraying, raccoons accumulating piles of feces and animals dying underneath, thus needing extraction. To clear up the difference between the two, typically a deck will be built over an existing stoop, so the animals living under the deck are actually living under the stoop unless the deck is very low to the ground and tightly enclosed. When a skunk is underneath and sprays, the concrete being porous as it is, will soak up the molecules drawing them into the home. Usually heat or moisture will activate these odors hence the reason they enhance when heat or air conditioning is turned on.Raccoon feces as mentioned earlier carries parasites that can be extremely harmful and even fatal to people and pets, but even more so children.