Problem Wildlife Control & Trapping in Detroit, MI
For the many that live in Detroit, dependable wildlife control services are hard to come by. Bats in the attic, birds nesting in obscure places, raccoons tearing holes into roofs. squirrels running overhead, skunks under decks and stoops causing a big stink. Nuisance wildlife removal in Detroit must be handled by a professional trapper followed up by proactive animal proofing and wildlife exclusion work. When you have had bat, birds, squirrels or raccoons in your attic, you will need attic restoration to some degree to get rid of nesting, feces, soiled and crushed insulation.
Most Common Nuisance Wildlife Issues in Detroit
- Bats– When bats have been found, it’s definitely something to take notice of and even slightly worry about. Bats in a home present numerous problems from home damage to health hazards. Bats carry mites that can quickly can infest a home. Also bat guano carries a spore that can cause lung disease, called histoplasmosis. The spores from this can be kicked up into dust and inhaled causing respiratory issues. Bat guano removal is necessary also to prevent the droppings from weakening the drywall, which has been known to cave in. An indication that bats have or are living in your attic, is the strong smell of ammonia in the area that they are roosting.
- Birds– Birds in an attic can really make astounding nests that span the entire length of the attic. Birds will clog up attic fans, exhaust vents and fill soffits full of nesting material. This nesting accumulation can cause numerous issues and should be removed if possible before the amounts reach levels of becoming a major issue. We provide bird removal and well as bird control for Detroit homes that are in need or skilled bird removal services.
- Squirrels– Squirrels are one of the worst animals to have in your home. Not only do squirrels tear a big hole to get inside the attic, they also gnaw wires that cause over 30k home and business fires annually across the country and also crush and destroy attic insulation. Squirrel damages are typically NOT covered by home owners insurance companies which makes nuisance squirrels one of the worst wildlife problems you can have.
- Raccoons– In terms of the scale of damages raccoons cause, they create the worst damages out of all nuisance wildlife. They have feces that carries parasitic roundworm eggs that can cause fatal effects to humans and pets, they tear open homes to enter and also completely destroy the attic insulation. Fortunately for Detroit homeowners we provide full damage repairs and clean up services for raccoons and process your claim to make sure your damage repairs are covered. Raccoon trapping must be done by an experienced trapper before the damages and cleanup is performed.
Professional Humane Detroit Michigan Wildlife Control Servicing
Call us today if you are in need of professional help. We provide services to Detroit, MI as well as the surrounding areas. We are a full service wildlife management company. meaning we handle everything from animal trapping, to clean up, damage repairs, animal proofing and odor control. Our Detroit wildlife control services are the highest rated by Michigan wildlife removal clients.
Detroit Michigan – The Motor City
Detroit Michigan is a fascinating city with a rich history located in Wayne County. Founded in 1701 by French colonists and named after the Detroit River, Detroit Michigan certainly did not lack in excitement during the early colonial days of the United States. A little known fact about Detroit Michigan is that while the first capital of Michigan (from 1805 to 1847), it served as a battleground between United States and British troops during the War of 1812 – granted the forces defending Detroit surrendered without a fight to the British.
The city itself was not officially incorporated as a city until 1815, at which point city planners designed the street and building layouts after the geometrically appealing city of Paris, France. Soon after, Detroit Michigan began to earn its reputation as the Motor City when Henry Ford founded the Ford Motor Company in the city in 1905. During this time the population of Detroit surged, almost doubling in size from roughly 205,000 inhabitants in 1890 to 465,000 inhabitants in 1910. Today the population of Detroit Michigan (the Detroit-Warren-Ann Arbor combined area) has continued to expand with a population of nearly 5.3 million total inhabitants – making the Detroit area the 12th populous region in the United States.
Modern day Detroit Michigan has a reputation for starting new musical trends, such as the electronic music genre in the 1980’s and is largely considered to be the place where hip-hop music was born in the 1990’s. More recently, the Michigan Motion Picture Studios, a 535,000 sq. ft. production studio open to the general public, was constructed in 2010 – a symbol of Detroit’s continued contribution to the arts and media in American culture. If you are visiting Detroit Michigan, and are a fan of the arts and music, be sure to check out the International Jazz Festival, Electronic Music Festival, the African World Festival, and the many other rich cultural festivities that make their home in this quintessentially American city.
How To Remove Skunks That Fell Down Window Well/basement
Get Rid of Skunks Under Homes
Bat Removal Services
Why choose a professional and ethical Wildlife Removal Service?
Life is valuable and each individual should respect their own life as well as lives of other living creatures. It is important for homeowners, and for Wildlife Removal Services to be patient with the animals invading their homes. There is no doubt that the raccoons, bats, and other critters cause a nuisance to the homeowners, but, we can handle it without harming the animals. Choosing a professional and ethical Wildlife removal services is a must for homeowners facing pest problems.
Why Bats can harm your home?
A sight of bats flying at night may not sound that scary. But, when you find a colony of bats in your attic or in your chimney then it is something that can make you go nuts.
- Bat guano and urine is messy and smelly and can damage your attic
- Bat guano can cause respiratory problems for humans
- Bat bites can cause rabies in humans
Bat Control and Exclusion Services
Our specialized team of technicians follow predefined steps to manage the bats removal at your home
Step 1: Inspect your home and find from where the bats are entering your home.
Step 2: Assess the roosting location of the bats, number of bats in the colony and amount of guano accumulated.
Step 3: Discuss our findings with you, and propose a plan for the bats removal.
Step 4: Conduct bat exclusion ethically and humanely, and no bat remains back in your home.
Step 5: Clear the accumulated guano and repair any damages caused by the bats.
Step 6: If necessary install bat-proof vents, to avoid re-entry of the bats.
Once our wildlife control services have been completed, we assess your property to determine the nature of the damage the animal has caused and what needs to be done to remediate your home and protect it from similar problems in the future. We’re able to offer an extensive number of animal proofing and remediation services from insulation replacement to gap seals. Closing up cracks and holes in your home can help prevent insects, mice, and even bats from entering your house. Our vent caps are designed specifically to stop raccoons and squirrels from making your attic their den.
How To Remove Skunks That Fell Down Window Well/basement
Rabid Skunk Identification
Is Skunk Feces Dangerous to Touch or Breathe?
What Does Bat Poop Look Like?
Pest Animal Removal Services
Wild animals are a delight to watch except when they are in your backyard or inside your house. Then, they become a nuisance. Nuisance wildlife destabilizes the comfort of your home by altering odors by their urine and feces, making unpleasant noises and even posing a threat to the safety of your family. In such a situation, the best thing is to have professionals come to your home to remove this animals for you. Professional wildlife removers are experienced in the types of traps and bait to use for different animals so that they are caught alive and relocated to their natural habitats in the wild. Enlisting such professional wildlife removal services ensures that you do not encounter legal problems associated with animal cruelty.
While different types of animals have different preference to their choice of habitation, it is certain that they cause damage to the area. Take raccoons, for example. They tear through roofs and insulation and litter your chimney and/ or attic with contaminated feces leaving your home exposed to outward and inward dangers. Professional wildlife removers will usually trap the animals or use hormone treatment to lure the raccoons out. Other wildlife that is likely to be found in chimneys and attics include squirrels, which are notorious for gnawing electrical wires, birds and bats. Bats usually host a number of problems for homeowners including contamination of the air, corrosive droppings that pose health risks and ceiling weakening. If not completely removed, they will infest a house in a few years. Fortunately, bat removal is competently done along with other animal removal services.
Decontamination and Clean Up
Once the animals have been removed, it is important to have that space cleaned up. This includes removal of feces, nesting and dead animals. Professional wildlife removal service also includes 'disinfecting' or using antimicrobial cleaners to decontaminate insulation and dissolve the pungent smell that has been left behind. This is necessary to prevent other animals from being attracted by the odors.
Repairs and Wildlife Exclusion
After an ordeal with nuisance wildlife, chances are that something was damaged. During the cleaning process, the extent of damage can be seen. This will usually be damaged insulation and wires which will need replacement. A lot of times it is important that new pest control insulation is installed for future animal control. Wildlife exclusion is then done to keep wildlife from accessing your home. It includes sealing off entry holes, vents, chimneys and decks. The best materials should be those that the animals cannot chew, break or dig through.
Homeowners seeking wildlife solutions will most certainly find what they seek here.
Nuisance animals cause odor problems in a variety of ways. Their excrement is a primary source of odor problems, and often quite noticeable if an animal has taken up residence somewhere in your home. Animal carcasses are another source of odor. Skunks present a whole other dimension in odor problems. I can identify the source of animal odors, and eliminate both the current source of the odor (for example, excrement removal) and the underlying cause (the animal's entry into your home). This work may be covered by homeowners insurance.