Problem Wildlife Control & Trapping in Detroit, MI
For the many that live in Detroit, dependable wildlife control services are hard to come by. Bats in the attic, birds nesting in obscure places, raccoons tearing holes into roofs. squirrels running overhead, skunks under decks and stoops causing a big stink. Nuisance wildlife removal in Detroit must be handled by a professional trapper followed up by proactive animal proofing and wildlife exclusion work. When you have had bat, birds, squirrels or raccoons in your attic, you will need attic restoration to some degree to get rid of nesting, feces, soiled and crushed insulation.
Most Common Nuisance Wildlife Issues in Detroit
- Bats– When bats have been found, it’s definitely something to take notice of and even slightly worry about. Bats in a home present numerous problems from home damage to health hazards. Bats carry mites that can quickly can infest a home. Also bat guano carries a spore that can cause lung disease, called histoplasmosis. The spores from this can be kicked up into dust and inhaled causing respiratory issues. Bat guano removal is necessary also to prevent the droppings from weakening the drywall, which has been known to cave in. An indication that bats have or are living in your attic, is the strong smell of ammonia in the area that they are roosting.
- Birds– Birds in an attic can really make astounding nests that span the entire length of the attic. Birds will clog up attic fans, exhaust vents and fill soffits full of nesting material. This nesting accumulation can cause numerous issues and should be removed if possible before the amounts reach levels of becoming a major issue. We provide bird removal and well as bird control for Detroit homes that are in need or skilled bird removal services.
- Squirrels– Squirrels are one of the worst animals to have in your home. Not only do squirrels tear a big hole to get inside the attic, they also gnaw wires that cause over 30k home and business fires annually across the country and also crush and destroy attic insulation. Squirrel damages are typically NOT covered by home owners insurance companies which makes nuisance squirrels one of the worst wildlife problems you can have.
- Raccoons– In terms of the scale of damages raccoons cause, they create the worst damages out of all nuisance wildlife. They have feces that carries parasitic roundworm eggs that can cause fatal effects to humans and pets, they tear open homes to enter and also completely destroy the attic insulation. Fortunately for Detroit homeowners we provide full damage repairs and clean up services for raccoons and process your claim to make sure your damage repairs are covered. Raccoon trapping must be done by an experienced trapper before the damages and cleanup is performed.
Professional Humane Detroit Michigan Wildlife Control Servicing
Call us today if you are in need of professional help. We provide services to Detroit, MI as well as the surrounding areas. We are a full service wildlife management company. meaning we handle everything from animal trapping, to clean up, damage repairs, animal proofing and odor control. Our Detroit wildlife control services are the highest rated by Michigan wildlife removal clients.
Detroit Michigan – The Motor City
Detroit Michigan is a fascinating city with a rich history located in Wayne County. Founded in 1701 by French colonists and named after the Detroit River, Detroit Michigan certainly did not lack in excitement during the early colonial days of the United States. A little known fact about Detroit Michigan is that while the first capital of Michigan (from 1805 to 1847), it served as a battleground between United States and British troops during the War of 1812 – granted the forces defending Detroit surrendered without a fight to the British.
The city itself was not officially incorporated as a city until 1815, at which point city planners designed the street and building layouts after the geometrically appealing city of Paris, France. Soon after, Detroit Michigan began to earn its reputation as the Motor City when Henry Ford founded the Ford Motor Company in the city in 1905. During this time the population of Detroit surged, almost doubling in size from roughly 205,000 inhabitants in 1890 to 465,000 inhabitants in 1910. Today the population of Detroit Michigan (the Detroit-Warren-Ann Arbor combined area) has continued to expand with a population of nearly 5.3 million total inhabitants – making the Detroit area the 12th populous region in the United States.
Modern day Detroit Michigan has a reputation for starting new musical trends, such as the electronic music genre in the 1980’s and is largely considered to be the place where hip-hop music was born in the 1990’s. More recently, the Michigan Motion Picture Studios, a 535,000 sq. ft. production studio open to the general public, was constructed in 2010 – a symbol of Detroit’s continued contribution to the arts and media in American culture. If you are visiting Detroit Michigan, and are a fan of the arts and music, be sure to check out the International Jazz Festival, Electronic Music Festival, the African World Festival, and the many other rich cultural festivities that make their home in this quintessentially American city.
Bat Removal and Prevention
Photos of Squirrel Tracks for Identification Purposes.
What Should I Do with a Skunk After I Catch It?
Platinum Wildlife Removal provides professional wildlife control for both residential & commercial customers in the city of Detroit in Michigan. We offer custom animal control solutions for almost any type of wildlife problem, whether it be the noises of squirrels running through the attic, a colony of bats living in a building, animals digging in your yard, or the destructive behavior of a raccoon or other critter, we have the experience and the tools to quickly and professionally solve your problem. For a consultation and price quote, give us a call.
"The squirrel management plan was developed with public input to improve the health of the state's squirrel group of squirrels, to encourage healthy habitat, which squirrel and all other wildlife depend on, and to reduce squirrel-human conflicts," the animal control official announced. "We believe this squirrel management program will improve the health of our squirrel group of squirrels and the habitat that supports it and other wildlife. "Yes, wildlife trapping has become more challenging in many areas. However, the benefits from our program changes are unmistakable, as pest control companies have reported seeing and harvesting larger squirrel; land managers and foresters are seeing some regeneration recovery in our forests; and farmers are telling us that they have seen less damage to their crops," the animal control official announced. To learn more about animal control in Oakland County, Michigan read on.
Raccoon Feces Clean Up
Trapping Gray Squirrels
Find and Seal Any Points of Entry for Bats
What is the Best Bait to Trap a Skunk?
Choosing Bat Control Services
Bat invasion into homes has been a common problem throughout many parts of the world. Bats such as the Pallid Bat have been known to occupy structures such as barns, bridges and even buildings that are both occupied by people as well as vacant buildings. That is just an example of the many species of bats that can invade human occupied buildings and cause discomfort
Bat Prevention Services
In case bats invade your home and you want to get rid of them, it is always advisable to choose bat control services that are humane and not harmful to the animals. So you should avoid services that involve trapping, use of poison or the use of bat repellents.
Where Bats Tend To Roost
There are common places that bats tend to roost. These places are Eave troughs, under shingles, gable vents and the most notable, hanging above door. Bats in these different places require different treatment and different methods of removal.
Removing bats roosting on eaves
Removing bats from eaves is quite simple since it only requires a net or an exclusion tube. This helps as the bat will be able to fly out but won't be able to fly back in.
Removing bats from gable vents
There are a number of ways to get rid of bats roosting in gable vents.
One of these ways is hand removal, you have to take safety precautions such as wearing gloves and using a stable ladder, but this method is not recommended.
Another way of removing bats from gable vents is by spraying the bats with water from the inside of the house until they fly out, once they are out sealing of the gable vents is necessary to prevent the bat from coming back in. also, other openings in the house should be sealed.
Removing bats from ridge vents
There are different types of ridge vents. Some ridges have plastic caps, some have metal caps and some have interwoven ridge caps, bats roosting in the above mentioned ridge vents have different ways of removal.
- Metal ridge caps – one should remove the rubber end pieces which will let the bats in through the end caps.
- Plastic ridge caps – These are good for air flow but are not effective when it comes to preventing bats from getting into the attic. Plastic ridge caps like cobra style can be used to prevent bats from entering your house.
- Interwoven ridge caps – this is the most recommended for bat control. It is not as effective in ventilation but it won't let bats in unless cap is broken.
It is advisable to call and expert who will remove it by hand. But if that isn't possible, you can try a couple of techniques to get rid of the bats. Some of them are.
- Covering the area where the bat grips onto with aluminum foil. This will prevent the bat from gripping onto the surface
- You may try cleaning the place where the bat hangs onto with ammonia, this will clean the bat urine from the wall and will also get rid of the odor the bat leaves behind, bats are attracted by the smell they leave behind
Raccoon Removal Services
Having any pest can be a problem, but having a large pest can be harmful in many ways to your family. Raccoons are very intelligent and curious animals. They can clear your garden, cause structural damage, rummage through your garbage cans and carry many diseases. Raccoon removal services would be the best option, for any home owner with this large pest. Doing the removal yourself, can put you at risk and should be handled by a raccoon removal service expert from Platinum Wildlife Removal.
Raccoons prefer heavily wooded areas but can be found in many suburban and urban areas. They make their homes in various places such as, not limited to, barns, garages, sewers, sheds and even in your home. Attics, basements and the crawl spaces are well suited for these pests. Not only can these animals cause structural damage and other issues, but they can also carry rabies. Rabies is a life threating viral disease that causes the brain to swell. Which in turn, makes a person or animal secrete saliva from the mouth, (foaming at the mouth) as well as severe mental issues caused by the swelling of the brain. Being in contact with a person or animal that has rabies is dangerous due to this virus being highly contagious. Treatment for this is crucial to keep a person alive but it is also a painful process.
These large pests can maneuver and eat through many materials that your home is made up of. They sometimes stop at nothing to get to a food source. These cute yet harmful animals become mature around the age of one and can start reproducing where ever they make their homes within a year of their birth. Putting the removal of these pests on hold could potentially multiply the damage. Hiring [OUR COMPANY NAME] would decrease the chances of any more damage, spreading of diseases, and reduce the risk of being bitten. These animals may be cute but they are wild and will do anything to protect themselves or their kits.
Hiring professional raccoon removal services can get costly, depending on the infestation status, but it is less costly than repairing a home damaged by these pests. Repairing or replacing beams, sheet rock, insulation, and pipes, as well as, plants in a garden will cost you more than having a professional from Platinum Wildlife Removal remove these pests for you. Salvaging a garden, that these animals have infested, is almost impossible. Everything in your garden will be eaten and/or destroyed and you will have little to nothing to show for your hard work.
Being bitten by these animals is more common than people think. It can happen anywhere at any time, especially a raccoon infected with rabies. They are mean, wild and unpredictable. Keeping your family and home safe should be the main priority. Hiring Platinum Wildlife Removal can not only save you time and money but also keeps your family safe. These professionals are trained and can remove these pests with or without lethal force. Removing these animals yourself is not recommended unless you have the necessary training and skills to do so. Hiring a professional from Platinum Wildlife Removal is a better option in keeping your family and home safe.